Title: Culmenated Toucan
Subtitle: Ramphastos Culmenatus
Original publication: A Monograph of the Ramphastidae, or Family of Toucans
Author: John Gould (1804-1881)
Print artists: John Gould, Edward Lear, Elizabeth Gould
Published: London, 1833-1835
Paper size: 15 x 22 inches (38 x 56 cm)
Edition: The edition is limited to 250 prints, numbered 1/250 to 250/250, signed and stamped with a blind embossing.
Quality: We specialize in creating true and certified facsimile giclée prints. Each facsimile has every fine line detail and every delicate brushstroke. To the naked eye, our artworks are virtually indistinguishable from the originals when glazed and framed.
Our quality process:
To give you a perfect reproduction of the original, our prints are always:
- Taken from the original editions.
- Printed in the original size.
- Printed with a maximum of 250 copies, signed and numbered.
- Printed on age resistant white etching paper (with a weight of 270 gr/m2).
- Printed with archival ink which resists fading for > 100 years.
- Printed with the highest possible resolution.
See our video for a complete overview of the quality process, including digitalisation, retouching, proofing and printing.